Sunday, June 4, 2017

Day 7 Deluxe Foldable Fan

When I was a kid I was always fascinated with these. I didn't know what the proper name for them was, and I still don't. We called them "Chinese fans" which I guess makes sense because this one is authentically Chinese. Or it's imported from China, anyway.

The front is adorned with beautiful flowers made from embroidery and green sequins, while the bottom half has an embossed oriental motif inlaid with gold-colored paint, along with a gold-colored loop which holds the fan together.



Sadly none of these decorations are carried over to the back side, which is left plain and unadorned. The fabric is attached to the plastic structure with glue which leads me to question the long term durability of the fan, but it should last at least a couple of years. 

 The fan is available in different colors. I chose green because that's my favorite color 


 These photos don't really capture it but in real life the gold inlay and the sequins catch the light and really sparkle. This is nice enough that it could be used as a decoration.


No comments:

Post a Comment